- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”
- “Genuine feelings cannot be produced, nor can they be eradicated. The body sticks to the facts.”
- “To work effectively as an agent of change in a pluralistic society, it is necessary to be able to connect with people
different from oneself.” -Beverly Daniel Tatum
- “It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.”
- “Follow your heart but take you brain with you”
My name is Jenifer Hoover. I’m a licensed clinical psychologist. I’ve committed my life to helping people develop healthy, fulfilling lives and relationships.
Life presents challenges for everyone. Real change is difficult. It’s usually not achieved by focusing on how things “ought” to be. My practice is active, compassionate, and solution-oriented. It’s grounded on what actually works to help people find peace and balance. (Read more about my background and practice)
I treat adults, adolescents, couples and families struggling with a range of common problems. These include depression, anxiety, grief, separations, relationship issues, trauma, and job/school/caretaker stress. I also work with identity difficulties, sexual matters, and issues related to spirituality/religion and meaning.
With an appropriate fit, the connection between therapist and client is a powerful tool for change. To make sure I can help with your particular situation, I offer a free initial phone consultation followed by a free 30-minute in-office consultation.
I look forward to discussing how I may be of help. Call or text me today at 510 858-9950 to discuss availability. All communication is confidential.